It is easy to get overwhelmed when coming into a new environment, with the goal of easing the on-boarding process, summarized below are some key resources that will be of assistance. The school is fortunate to have staff with years of experience to assist you.
Welcome to the Luddy School!
Need help? Submit a Luddy Service Request and we'll be glad to aid you in any way we can.
Managers and supervisors
Have a new employee and need to know what your onboarding steps are? Review the manager and supervisors onboarding guide to advice.
Things to Do
Use the employee center to access and update personal information, as well as payroll, tax, and benefit information.
The IU CrimsonCard is the official photo ID card for all campuses. It provides essential university services as well as secure entry to campus buildings. Employees may obtain a CrimsonCard from any campus card services location.
- Creating an IU account
- Set up IU email
- Sign the Acceptable Use Agreement
- Activate Duo authentication tokens
- Request technology for your office
- The Luddy IT and Facilities groups manage the office and computer setup as well as ongoing facilities and IT support for Luddy faculty, staff, and students. Support can be requested using the Service Request Form or via email to email@example.com .
- Create a profile on our Luddy website
- Luddy Faculty and Staff can request to be added to the Luddy People Directory using the normal service request procedure. Just submit a service request and select "Web Profile Add/Change" as the request type. Once you submit this information, a staff member will make the update and notify you when the addition is complete. If you would also like to have a professional picture taken to use with your page, please note that in the request form and that will be arranged.
Optional but highly suggested
Some IU systems require these tutorials be completed and your access will fail if not completed so you are strongly urged to complete these.
Our great Luddy School event team is eager to welcome you to our school and have an easy chat about how events at Luddy work. Reach out to them at firstname.lastname@example.org and pick up some free Luddy School gear while you're there!
Things to know
If you are unable to find the answer to your question in the Luddy School Knowledge Base or the IU University Information Technology Services Knowledge Base then we are here to help you. You can use the following options to get help from the Luddy staff.
One.IU is the access portal to most IU services like payroll, benefits, and classified ads. Sign-in and start searching for more information!
IU employees can purchase a parking permit through IU Parking Operations online or by visiting one of the on-campus offices. They have the option to pay in full or use a monthly, pre-tax deduction on their paycheck.
Web hosting options available to members of the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering. The services presented here include IU/UITS offerings available to all members of the IU community as well as those provided by the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering for use by members of our school.
For a simple research group or other project site, we highly recommend using the IU Web Framework hosted on the IU Sitehosting systems. This provides a simple way to get a site up quickly that is fully compliant with all IU web site guidelines and branding requirements. Furthermore, as IU guidelines change your site will automatically remain compliant with the ever-evolving guidelines.
There are also provisions for personal homepages as well as other options for project, course, and research group pages. You can create your own homepage using several of the web hosting options described below using the Homepage Management Page. Please contact the Luddy systems staff if you need help setting up any of these options. In your request, please include the URL and hosting option you prefer.
- All at IU must be vigilant guardians of data security. Learn how IU classifies data
- Learn how to store and share IU data - explore IU’s Data Sharing and Handling Tool. Select a data domain from the pull-down and the tool will guide you to the best practice for storing and sending data.
- Be aware of phishing scams
The good news is that Bloomington is a very safe place to live - it has a low crime rate, pleasant weather, good facilities, is safe from hurricanes and is unlikely to have serious earthquakes. However there are some things that we want you to be aware of.